Filling the codec gap
AfterCodecs brings you with consistency all the codecs and features you need
- ProRes, yes even on Windows
- H264 8K (not limited to 4K) and a fast YouTube export profile easy to use
- All 4 HAP codecs with faster algorithms
- Works without Quicktime ! Exports in both .MP4 and .MOV
Better and faster compression
AfterCodecs uses ffmpeg to encode H264 and H265 :
- Low bitrates videos are of better quality than before
- Choose the efficiency you need : fast encoding for your previews or low filesize for final delivery
- Save time directly in AE render queue without touching the command line and having huge temporary files
- FileSize targetting
More to come and ffkroma
AfterCodecs is regularly updated with new codecs, features or speed improvements. Send us an email, we listen to your needs !
Autokroma has its own fork of ffmpeg called ffkroma. Our last job was improving the HAP encoders
- Mac OSX : version >= 10.10
- Microsoft Windows : version 7/8/10
- Adobe CC 2014 to 2019 included
- One license is for the same user on up to two computers not used at the same time
- [MOV] ProRes : 6 official profiles (422 LT / Proxy / Normal / HQ / 4444 / XQ ) and two unofficial profiles (422 Ultra and 4444 Light). ProRes 4444 Light / 4444 / XQ supports the Alpha Channel.
- [MOV] HAP GPU accelerated codecs : 4 codecs (Hap, Hap Alpha, Hap Q and Hap Q Alpha), you can choose disable Snappy compression and change the number of CPU chunks, and for Hap and Hap Alpha you can choose your compression algorithm (each have their own tradeoff between speed and quality)
- [MOV] [MP4] x264 : best H264 / AVC implementation, outperforming both Adobe Media Encoder and QuickTime H264. A special Youtube Upload profile is provided, very easy to use!
- [MOV] [MP4] x265 : files are ~25% lighter than x264 for the same quality, but slower encoding
- [MOV] [MP4] x264 RGB : same as x264 but avoids YUV colorspace, best for storing separate channels in one video like UV maps, alpha, 3D passes etc. (for power users !)
- AE on OSX : Rendering multiple output modules in parallel for the same queue item doesn’t work
- Don’t use the ProRes for broadcast. Always test your hardware and software. It’s not an official version of ProRes; for example ProRes 4444’s Alpha channel doesn’t seem to be accepted by Blackmagic Hyperdeck Studio Mini.
- OSX : some issues when using multiple monitors, Popup will automatically relocate itself to your primary screen. Don’t forget you can press
SHIFT+ESCto put the window back in the top left corner
- For H264 and H265, dimensions of the video must be even (=> odd resolutions will fail), except if you choose YUV 4:4:4 for H264
- Interlacing : lower field first in H264 recognized as top field first by Adobe